b. D / 4 part I
1. September 1033 Copy of parchment no. THE.
2. April 1130 Copy of parchment no. III.
3. 1171 VII Kal. of July Copy of the bull of Pope Alexander III in favor of Lupone archbishop of Brindisi for the confirmation of the church and the privileges pertaining to the archdiocese.
Bibl. De Leo, Brindisi Diplomatic Code, cit., P. 33, doc. n. 18.
4. 1173 IV Kal. of July Copy of parchment n. IV.
5. 1182 II Id. Of July Bull of Pope Lucius III addressed to the archbishop of Brindisi Pietro and to the prior of the church of SS. Sepulcher in which we speak of the church of S. Lorenzo and S. Sepolcro of Brindisi.
6. (1183) IV Non. Of January Copy of parchment n. V.
7. (1183) IV Non. Of January Copy above, made in 1592 by Giovanni Domenico Russo.
1. 1219 II Id. Of October Copy of parchment no. XIV.
2. 1239 October 15 Copy of parchment no. XIX.
3. 1322 May 22 Copy of parchment no. LXXV.
4. 1355 January 7 Copy of parchment no. XCV, carried out on 24 September 1885 by the chancellor of the curia of Brindisi Lucio Passante.
5. 1355 January 7 As above, extracted from the original of the chapter archive.
6. 1397/1437 Quinterno removed from the second manuscript volume of the De Leo Diplomatic Code. Contains copies of the following parchments n. CXXXVIII, CXLI, CXLIII, CXLIV, CXLIX.
7. 1482 April 9 Copy of parchment no. CLX.
8. 1495 November 26 Copy of parchment no. CLXXIV.
9. 1496/1497 Double sheet containing copies of the following documents:
May 9, 1496 Copy of the letter from King Federico confirming the tithes of the terratici of Oria in favor of the chapter.
May 18, 1497 Copy of Queen Isabella’s letter to the governor of Oria for the above confirmation.
November 25, 1497 Letter of the same to Antonio Bonifacio of Naples governor of Oria.
1. 1505 February 10 Copy of the decree of King Ferdinand for the confirmation of the privileges granted to the church of Brindisi by his predecessors.
2. 1505 May 1 Copy of parchment no. CLXXVIII.
3. 1513 May 3 Copy of the resolution of the University of Brindisi for the cause of the counting against the vicar and the canons of the Brindisi church.
4. 1513 July 13 Act for taking possession of the archbishop’s assets on behalf of the elected archbishop of Brindisi Domenico di Aches at the hands of his procurator Beltramo de Lojola.
5. 1518 19 October Copy of the exequatorial decree of Queen Giovanna and King Charles of Aragon for the administration of the church of Brindisi in a vacant seat.
6. 1524 13 October Copy of document no. 4, b. D / 1, part III.
7. 1525 May 26 Copy of the decree of the viceregal court for the exemption of the duty on meat granted to the ecclesiastics of Brindisi.
8. 1525 13 August Copy of the power of attorney made by the archbishop of Brindisi Geronimo Aleandro in the person of Domenico de Mussis.
9. 1543 November 25 Copy of the privileges of the church of Brindisi requested by the clergy of Archbishop Aleandro.
10. 1554 May 30 Copy of the ordinance of the royal audience with the royal captain of the city of Brindisi to oblige clerics and ecclesiastics to pay their installments for the fortification of the city walls, for the maintenance of cavalrymen for the construction of bridges.
11. 1545 May 20 Short of Paul III extracted from the parchment of April 29, 1561 n. CCXXIII.
12. 1548 July 10 Decree of Giovanni Battista Castromediano bishop of Lecce and papal commissioner and judge so that the cantor of Brindisi in procession goes with the archdeacon and has the seat immediately nearby.
13. 1552 May 31 Copy of document n. 12, b. D / 1, part III.
14. 1554 April 21 Copy of the rescript of the royal chamber of the Summary so that the servants paid by the clergy of the city of Brindisi have to enjoy the same immunities as the clerics.
15. 1558 III Kal. December Copy of the papal bull of Paul III for the appointment of Metello di Arimine as rector of the church of S. Maria della Candelora in Ceglie.
16. 1559 January 17 Decree of the governor of Terra d’Otranto and Bari so that the servants kept by the clerics, according to the decree of 1554, can enjoy immunities.
17. 1560 XIV Kal. of March Copy of the bull of the bishop of Ostuni Giovanni Carlo Bovio for the foundation of the chapel of the SS. Sacramento in Ostuni with its history up to 1873.
18. 1561 April 29 Copy of parchment no. CCXXIII.
19. 1561 4 September Copy of the pontifical license for friar Nicola, bishop of Soana apostolic collector in the kingdom of Naples.
20. 1562 September 9 Copy of document no. 20, b. D / 1, part III.
21. 1579 October 30 Copy of the order of the Sacred Congregation against the chapter of Brindisi and that of Taranto so that the Carmelite friars are not prevented from the right to administer the sacraments of confession, communion and extreme anointing.
22. 1579/1584/1609 Copy of the decrees of the Sacred Congregation for the cause between the archbishop and the chapter. Around the right that ave the last to congregate goes without the permission of the archbishop and the vicar general.
23. 1583/1605 Fragment of the volume of the decree of the Sacred Congregation of Bishops, among which there are some of the above-mentioned period which concern Brindisi and other places in Puglia (from f. 210 to f. 253).
24. 1586 28 June Report on the state, quality and value of the churches of the diocese of Brindisi and Oria, produced by the chapter to Cardinal Gesualdi in Rome.
25. 1598 Privileges of the church of Brindisi requested by the clergy and chapter of Archbishop Giovanni de Pedrosa.
s.d. Plea presented by the archbishop of Brindisi and by the chapter to the pope for the confirmation of particular privileges
s.d. Copy of the protest made by the chapter to the captain of the city of Brindisi for the exemption of the tithes imposed by Pope Adrian.
s.d. Memory of the chapter to the Sacred Royal Council against the vicar general.
s.d. Protest of some capitulars against the chapter that did not want to take a position against the archbishop.
1. 1603/1892 No. 28 copies of decrees of the Sacred Congregation of Rites concerning the archdiocese of Brindisi.
2. 1608 10 December Copies of the decrees of Msgr. Falces made in Santa Visit.
3. 1609/1610 With references to 1579/1584 copies of decrees of the Sacred Congregation in favor of the chapter so that he is free to congregate whenever he wants without the intervention of the vicar general.
4. 1612 February 7 Copy of a document of the apostolic commissioner Abbot Stefano Villanova for the cause of the counting.
5. 1614 March 15 Copy of the decree of the Sacred Congregation so that the archdeacon and not the vicar general can celebrate pontifical masses in the absence of the archbishop.
6. 1616 April 20 With reference to 1587. Copies of the decrees of the Sacred Congregation in favor of the chapter and against the Dominican fathers for the fourth and eighth funeral.
7. 1616 July 13 Copy of the decree of the Holy Council for the exemption from any punishment on animals in the pasture of clerics and on custodians, including lay people.
8. 1617 July 8 Copy of the decree of Archbishop Bernardino de Figueroa and copy of the report made by the Bishop of Monopoli for the dispute between the Bishop of Ostuni and the Archbishop of Brindisi for the erection of the seminary of Brindisi.
9. 1618 November 10 Copy of the decree of the Royal Chamber sent to the castellano in Brindisi in order to recognize the right on the garden in the district of La Cittadella owned by Scipione Fornaio and profitable to the chapter.
10. 1619 May 1 Copy of the decree for which the election of the procurator of the chapter is excluded unless the predecessor is out of office.
11. 1619 August 3 Decree of the archbishop of Brindisi requiring the Augustinian fathers to be obliged to admit the burial of the dead in their church.
12. 1619 With reference to 1614. Copies of the decrees of the Sacred Congregation so that the archbishop would not make innovations on the cadastre of ecclesiastical assets and defend their immunity.
13. 1623 X Kal. of June Copy of the decree of the Sacred Congregation of Cardinals for the regime of savage deacons in the Kingdom of Naples.
14. 1623 July 1 Copy of a decree as above.
15. 1624 October 25 Copy of the decrees of the Sacred Congregation on the right of the archdeacon to replace the archbishop in pontificals.
16. 1629 February 4 Decree of Carlo Bicchio protonotary apostolic for substitutes for the parish priest in the church of Brindisi.
17. 1636 23 December Copy of the decree of the Congregation of Rites so that the canons do not come down from their places to chant the antiphonary during the ceremonies.
18. 1635 6 December Copy of the Royal Chamber decree for peaceful relations between the clergy and the University.
19. 1635 December 10 Supplication of the capitulars with the exequatur of the Royal Chamber on the orders of the Sacred Signatura for the money that the clerics Filippo and Giovanni Resta of Mesagne owed.
20. 1639 9 September Copy of the decree of the Royal Chamber for disputed precedence in the processions between Giovanni Nicolas and Giovanni Antonio Ponticelli, one outgoing and the other incoming mayor of the University of Brindisi.
21. 1641 June 6 Copy of the decree of the Sacred Congregation of Rites for the service of canons in the church of Brindisi.
22. 1641 6 July Copy of the decree of the Sacred Congregation of Rites so that the canons must assist as deacons and sub-deacons on solemn days at the dignities they celebrate in the church of Brindisi.
23. 1651 July 22 Decree of the Sacred Congregation of Rites for the service of the cleric in the church of Brindisi.
24. 1664 January 19 File containing the copy of old statutes of the Brindisi chapter, known as “Codex”.
25. 1671 February 7 Archbishop Francesco de Estrada’s decree for the service in the choir and at the altar and for the respect of the customs of the Brindisi church (print).
26. 1676 Copy of a fragment of the first diocesan synod promoted by Archbishop Giovanni Battista Pivellini (also contains the original).
27. 1694 January 31 Constitution published by Innocent XII for the exemption of the southern clergy from counting.
b. D / 5
1. 1703 Bull of fra Domenico Barnaba de Castro former archbishop of Lanciano and at present of Brindisi for the conferral of the benefit of the De Marco family to the cleric Lorenzo Bauxich.
2. 1713 January 16 Salary allowance of the Lecce auditors against the chapter for the payment of a fine.
3. 1719 Decision of the Sacred Congregation and related acts for the considerations of those absent from the choir due to studies.
4. 1722 April 24 Copy of the decree of the Sacred Congregation for the friars of St. Mary Magdalene and St. Dominic to intervene in the procession of the Hosanna.
5. 1724 XII Kal. of December Copy of the bull of Benedict XIII for the transfer to the chair of Brindisi of the bishop of Ugento Andrea Maddalena and for the consignment of the Sacro Pollio.
6. 1726 12 October Constitution edited by Benedict XIII for the exemption of the archbishops, bishops and prelates of the Kingdom of Naples from counting (print).
7. 1726 27 October Copy of the deed for the opening and consecration of the chapel of the SS. Sacrament.
8. 1727 August 21 Copy of the decrees of the Sacred Congregation for the office of the Blessed Virgin and St. Theodore.
9. 1728 February 24 Decree of the beatification of Friar Fedele da Sigmaringa, priest of the order of the Capuchins (print).
10. 1728 “Codex” archiepiscopalis ecclesiae brundisinae: ancient and modern state of the Brindisi archiepiscopal church and its chapter, with statutes, uses, customs and jus of the same.
11. 1737 Certified extract of the chapter constitutions in force in 1737 (copy of 1885).
12. 1746 23 August Decree for the beatification of Friar Fedele da Sigmaringa and Giuseppe da Leonessa Cappuccini.
13. 1751 November 20 Copy of the decree of the Sacred Congregation for the participation of the canon Latamo vicar of Nardò.
14. 1755 Allegation by Filippo Villani for the city of Brindisi (contains historical information in general).
15. 1760 November 2 Provision for the royal audience for the relief granted to regular and secular ecclesiastics of the archdiocese of Brindisi.
16. 1762 June 11 Sovereign decree so that the apostolic nunciature of the Kingdom of Naples does not disturb the holders of royal patronage benefits for the counting.
17. 1763 November 16 Copy of the act of faith of the notary Fortunato Coppa for the search of various documents from the chapter archive then existing in the house of canon Annibale De Leo and distributed in various folders.
18. 1766 Allegation by Francesco Amorea for the faithful city of Brindisi (contains the history of the city in general form).
19. 1768 August 26 Copy of the apostolic assent for the expenses necessary for the Mascava farm and for the cabinets for storing the archive papers and for other cabinets to be made in the sacristy.
20. 1773 6 July Copy of the letter from Clement XVI for the plenary indulgence granted to visitors to the Capuchin churches on St. Seraphim’s day.
21. 1775 January 30 Various pleas and decrees of the Royal Audience of Lecce for the increase of the simple priests of Galatone.
22. 1782 Sketch of a bull that Archbishop Pivellini was to issue with the consent of the pope to the chapter of Brindisi for the constitutions.
23. 1784 Copy of the acts of the first diocesan synod held by Archbishop Giovanni Battista Pivellini.
24. 1788 27 September Authenticated copy of the mandate of the curia of Brindisi for the assessment of the nature and quality of the chapter itself.
25. 1791 August 4 Copy of the room of S. Chiara so that the vacant portions of the cathedral of Brindisi were not subjected to seizure
26. 1796 Decree for a contribution to the crown for the war obtainable from the income of the fief of Calone of the Brindisi chapter.
27. 1797 13/20 May Number of the family civic gazette which speaks of the arrival of King Ferdinand in Brindisi
28. 1797 July 7 Decree of the Royal Chamber of St. Clare so that ecclesiastical treasurers are exempt from stapling.
29. 1798 19 August Copy of the decree of the Royal Chamber for the controversy of the tithes imposed on fruits with the edict of 10 June 1796.
30. 1798 12 October Decree of the perception of Lecce for the back taxes and due by the chapter for the fief of Calone.
s.d. Memory on Ferdinando Fornari of Brindisi written by Gian Battista Lezze (print with the portrait of Fornari)
b. D / 6
1. 1803 March 16 Copy of the dispatch from the Royal Chamber for the administration of the Mezzacapo legacy in favor of the chapter and the least fathers of Brindisi.
2.1821 Id. Of June Copy of the decree of the Archbishop Tedeschi for the priest Giuseppe Bonsanto of the order of preachers.
3. 1824 18 December Copy of the letter from Archbishop Tedeschi for the appointment of Tommaso Vinosa as primicerium and cantor of the chapter.
4. 1825 Instructions by Luigi Ruffo, Neapolitan archbishop and patrician for parish priests and other ecclesiastics destined to preach the bull of the crusade in the city and Kingdom of Naples.
5. 1830 23 August Communication from the mayor of Brindisi to the Decurionate for the restoration of the port, entrusting the task for the practices to the canon Giovanni Tarantini.
6. 1830 November 26 Copy of the capitular conclusion with the papal bull of December 19, 1856 for the brotherhood of the Immaculate Conception of the land of Carovigno in the diocese of Ostuni.
7. 1831 December 16 Copy of the royal decree for the formation of the land registers of the archbishop’s canteens.
8. 1833 March 20 Regio for the administrative plan of the cathedral.
9. 1833 20 March Copy of the regulation for receiving churches.
10. 1836 November 22 Copy of Gregory XVI’s bull to Cardinal Bartolomeo Pacca prodatario on marriage dispensations for related and blood relatives (print).
11. 1839 May 10 Copy of Gregory XVI’s bull so that the feast of St. Francis of Paola at the request of the attorney general of the order of the least spoken is celebrated on the second Sunday after Easter.
12. 1851 May 21 Program for the investiture ceremony of the royal cathedral chapter of Lucera (print).
13. 1851 Table taken from the general rubric to calculate the days of officiation for use by the clergy (print).
14. 1852 February 10 Decree of Archbishop Rotondo on a holy visit to the cathedral church of Brindisi.
15. 1856 Pastoral letter from Archbishop Raffaele Ferrigno, sent from Naples to his archdiocese (print).
16. 1861 October 24 Refutation by canon Vincenzo De Angelis on the election of Pignatelli cantor of Grottaglie as capitular vicar of Oria (print).
17. 1867 10 February Order of the municipality of Brindisi to the chapter for the extraction of some tuffs for the construction of their quarry of the Mascava farm.
18. 1869 June 1 Circular from Cardinal Panbianco for the indulgences to be gained during the jubilee (print).
19. 1871 February 18 Pastoral letter of Archbishop Raffaele Ferrigno to the clergy and chapter of the Archdiocese of Ostuni.
20. 1872 February 18 Pastoral letter of Msgr. Antonio De Leni bishop of Monopoli for his first entry into his cathedral church (print).
21. 1872 VII Id. Of May Pastoral letter of the Archbishop of Salerno Domenico Guadalupi to the clergy and people of Salerno and Acerno (print).
22. 1873 October Circular from the archiepiscopal curia of Salerno to the parish priests of the archdiocese of Salerno and Acerno for the reopening of the archiepiscopal seminary (print).
23. 1874 May 10 Copy of the decree of Archbishop Ferrigno for the stapling of the participants and the canons of the Brindisi chapter.
24. 1874 December 24 Encyclical epistle of Pius IX to the patriarchs, primates, archbishops and bishops “Gravibus Ecclesiae” (print).
25. 1875 January 25 Copy of the decree of Cardinal Panbianco for the profit of indulgences (print).
26. 1875 April 12 Letter from Salvatore Luigi bishop of Ugento (print).
27. 1875 May 14 Copy of the letter from Archdeacon Giovanni Tarantini, Chapter Vicar in vacant seat for the feasts of St. Oronzo.
28. 1875 Pastoral notification of the bishop of Lecce Valerio Laspro to the diocesans for the holy year 1875 (print).
29. 1876 Pastoral instruction of the same for the Lent of 1876 on the theme “The temptation” (print).
30. 1877 January 4 Pastoral letter from the bishop of Nardò to the clergy and people of the diocese (print).
31. 1877 January Pridie Non. As above
32. 1877 Letter from the chapter of Brindisi to Archbishop Luigi Maria Aguilar for defense against the accusations and outrages of the local press (press).
33. 1879 January 26 Royal decree in favor of the chapter for the acceptance of the legacy of the archbishop of Salerno Domenico Guadalupi.
34. 1879 Pastoral letter of the bishop of Monopoli Antonio De Lena for Lent on the theme “Honor” (print).
35. 1880 April Libello for the civil and religious commemoration of the martyrs of Otranto (print).
36. 1880 May 26 Copy of Archbishop Aguilar’s bull in favor of Nicola Mancini.
37. 1880 Pastoral letter of the bishop of Monopoli on the theme “The good conscience” (print).
38. 1881 Letter from the Ostuni chapter to Archbishop Aquilar to defend him from the accusations and slander launched against him by the newspaper “L’Equilibrio”.
39. 1881 Letter from the archdiocese to the same above for the same reason (print).
40. 1882 Letter from the vicar general archdeacon Giovanni Tarantini in defense of the archbishop against the accusations printed in the newspaper “Italia Reale” on the occasion of the political elections in Mesagne.
41. 1883 10 February Circular letter from the lawyer of S. Pietro Bartolo Longo to import publications from the Pompeii seminary (print).
42. 1883 Pastoral letter of Archbishop Aquilar for Lent (print).
43. 1885 Acts of faith of the nuns of the former monastery of S. Benedetto di Brindisi and of the archbishop with whom he ascertains that in the village of Suturano the monastery had the obligation I want to keep the parish priest at his own expense and to set him up in the former feudal tower.
44. 1886 Authorization to the mayor of Brindisi for the lawsuit against the government and municipal duty contractor.
45. 1888 January 4 Speech of Leo XIII to the deputation of the Italian pilgrimage (prints).
46. 1888 Pastoral letter of the bishop of Oria Tommaso Montefusco to the clergy and people of his diocese (print).
47. 1893 April 2 Pastoral letter of Archbishop Salvatore Palmieri to the clergy and people of the church of Brindisi and Ostuni (print).
48. 1896 February 17 Indult made by Archbishop Palmieri to the people of the dioceses of Brindisi and Ostuni for Lent (print).
49. 1896 16 September, 5 October, 14 October, 30 November Decisions of the municipal council of Brindisi for the feast of 20 September for the passage from Brindisi of the Prince of Naples, for the return of the seminary premises, to avoid the spread of diseases epidemics.
50. 1897 February 16 Response of the chapter to a letter from Archbishop Palmieri on the duties that the archbishop has for the maintenance of the cathedral.
51. 1899 September Libellus for the erection of the altar to St. Mary Help of Christians in the church of St. Benedict in Brindisi (print).
52. s.d. Supplication of the chapter to the king for choral distributions.
53. s.d. Decree of the apostolic protonotaio Carlo Bischio for the chapter of Brindisi
54. s.d. Act for the recognition and translation of the body of St. Theodore, made in the presence of Archbishop Calmieri, the vicar general Francesco Paolo Epifani, the mayor of Brindisi Federico Balsamo and physicists Angelo Guadalupi and Cesare Roncello.
55. s.d. File containing the coats of arms of the archbishops of Brindisi from the thirteenth to the nineteenth century (gift of canon Ercolini made to the chapter on 30 August 1929).
56. s.d. File containing copies of various seals taken from the documents of the Brindisi chapter archive.
57. s.d. Statute of the small suffrage work erected in the church of S. Benedetto di Brindisi by the priest Salvatore Polmone.
58. s.d. Casus reserved in archidiocesis brundisina (print).
b. D / 7
1. 1902 September 30 Notification of Cardinal Respighi to the archbishop of Brindisi and administrator of Ostuni for the deprivation of ecclesiastical benefits and reduction to the lay state of the priest Pietro Bianchini of the diocese of Fermo (print).
2. 1903 20 September Manifesto of the Archbishop of Brindisi for the consecration of the month of October to the Queen of the SS. Rosario (print).
3. 1904 Pastoral letter from Archbishop Palmieri for the restoration of society (print).
4. 1905 January 4 Letter from the procongrua committee to the chapters of the cathedrals of Italy (print).
5. 1905 January 18 Letter from Francesco Portalighi from Pavia for the above cause (print).
6. 1906 January 31 Letter from the bishop of Lecce Gennaro Prama apostolic administrator of the archdiocese of Brindisi and diocese of Ostuni addressed to the clergy and people of Brindisi and Ostuni for the commemoration of the deceased bishops and priests to be celebrated on February 6 (print).
7. 1906 April 5 Order of the archbishop of Brindisi Morando to adhere to the liturgy in Holy Week functions.
8. 1906 April 21 Circular from the archbishop’s curia to priests for the renewal of the confession reports according to the wishes of the archbishop (print).
9. 1906 September 3 Notice and rules for entering the archiepiscopal seminary (print).
10. 1906 September 11 Letter from Archbishop Morando for the spiritual exercises of Archbishop Morando to the chapter for the appointment of the new vicar general (print).
11. 1906 September 29 Notification of Archbishop Morando to the Chapter for the appointment of the new Vicar General (print).
12. 1906 October 15 Letter from Msgr. Gaetano Chiriatti vicar general to the clergy and people of the archdiocese of Brindisi for his dismissal from office (print).
13. 1906 Pastoral letter of Archbishop Morando to the clergy of Brindisi and Ostuni (print).
14. 1907 January 9 Letter from Archbishop Morando to the diocesans for the sanctification of the feast and for the restitution of a league against blasphemy (print).
15. 1907 February 22 Letter from Archbishop Morando for the Holy Week ceremonies (print).
16. 1907 March 31 Edict of Archbishop Morando for the holy pastoral visit (print).
17. 1907 April 15 Letter from Archbishop Morando for the celebration of the month of May (print).
18. 1907 May 28 Letter from Archbishop Morando to the clergy and people of the city and diocese for the celebration of the month of the heart of Jesus (print).
19. 1907 August 26 Letter of the same for the reorganization of the seminary of Brindisi (print).
20. 1907 September 15 Letter of the same for the celebration of the month of October (print).
21. 1907 November 4 Letter of the same for a mass for the dead in the earthquake of Calabria and a collection of money and edibles for the senza roof (print).
22. 1907 November 28 Circular from the same clergy and to the fathers of the family of Brindisi for the teaching of Christian doctrine.
23. 1908 August 1 Notification of the same to the chapter and clergy of the archdiocese for spiritual retreats (print).
24. 1908 General decrees of the first holy visit to the archdiocese of Brindisi and the diocese of Ostuni made by Archbishop Morando (print).
25. 1909 April 11 Letter from Archbishop Morando to the clergy of the archdiocese for spiritual retreats (print).
26. 1909 June 5 Archbishop Morando decree against the direction of the newspaper “Unione” which was printed in Brindisi with lay tendencies.
27. 1909 August 27 Notification of the bishop of Lecce January Plot to the clergy and people of the archdiocese of Brindisi and the diocese of Ostuni for his appointment as apostolic administrator for the death of Archbishop Morando.
28. 1910 September 1 Professio fidei et ius iurandum a clericis emittenda iuxta motum proprium diei first September 1910 sacrorum antistitum Pii X (print).
29. 1913 November 2 Photographic reproduction of the blessing of Pius X to the archbishop and archdiocese of Brindisi and Ostuni who took part in the Eucharistic week (print).
30. 1914 May 20 Decree of the Sacred Congregation for the freeing of some canons due to the chapter.
31. 1914 November 1 First encyclical of Holiness by him Benedict XV (print).
32. 1915 May 26 Order of the Archbishop of Brindisi for the moderation of the sound of the bells and for the “tempore belli” collections.
33. 1915 May 27 Copy of the archbishop’s notice for the triduum in honor of St. Theodore to be done in the cathedral.
34. 1915 June 5 Copy of the decrees of Archbishop Valeri for the relations of Sacred Officialship between the new parishes and the underground.
35. 1915 October 25 Copy of the order of the archiepiscopal curia so that no priest is allowed to celebrate Holy Mass without the cassock.
36. 1917/19 Documents for the concentration of the assets of Mount Ferrejra in the Congregation of Charity of Brindisi.
37. 1921 2 May Bull of Archbishop Valeri in favor of the priest Oreste Airoldi for the appointment as canon of the cathedral of Brindisi.
38. 1922 Copy of the circular of the committee pro congrua to the cathedral chapters of Italy (print).
39. 1923 Copy of the pastoral letter of Archbishop Valeri on the occasion of the restoration of the cathedral.
40. 1927 November 5 Notice of the curia for the celebration of a mass for the war dead and for the triduum on the feast of St. Theodore.
41. 1929 Decrees of the Apulian Plenary Council of Melfi (printed book).
42. 1929 Protest of the chapter to the attorney of direct taxes for the exemptions from marriage taxes with related documents.
43. 1929 Encyclical letter of Pius XI for the education of Christian youth (print).
44. 1930 2 September Copy of the answer of the Minister of Justice and Religious Affairs for the congruous supplement to the participant Francesco Cesarea.
45. 1932 n. 30 Decrees taken from the plenary council of Bologna with the commentary by Armando Nascetti (printed book).
46. 1933 Motu proprio of Pius XI “Inter multiplices curas” (print).
47. 1935 March 23 Decree of the Sacred Congregation for Choral Services.
48. 1935/36 Copies of the decrees of the prefecture for the separation of the lands in the Rosea district, owned by the chapter for the construction of a new road and a monument to the sailor.
49. 1937 27 September Copy of Pius XI’s bull for the appointment of the job description Vincenzo Meo as participant of the Brindisi chapter.
50. 1937 23 October Copy of the sentence of the Sacred Congregation for the arrangement of the legate of Giacomina Guadalupi.
51. 1937 Pastoral letter of Archbishop Valeri for Lent (print).
52. 1938 January 28 Copy of the decree of the Sacred Congregation of the Council for the accommodation of the legate of Giacomina Guadalupi.
53. 1928 October 21 Notification of the archiepiscopal curia for the sentence of the Sacred Congregation for the exemption of Archdeacon Memmola from the turn of the conventual masses and from the choir.
54. 1941 March 14 Copy of the decree of Archbishop Valeri for the obligation of the capitulars to be present in the choir.
55. 1941 June 24 Copy of Archbishop Valeri’s letter to the clergy and people of the two dioceses for priestly vocations (print).
56. 1941 November 15 Letter of the same to the beloved children of Brindisi tormented by the bombings (print).
57. 1942 October 2 Circular letter from the archbishop of Taranto apostolic administrator of Brindisi and Ostuni (print).
58. 1942 November 20 Copy of the letters of Cardinal Rossi and the archbishop of Taranto to the clergy and people of the dioceses of Brindisi and Ostuni to notify the appointment of the new archbishop Msgr. De Filippis.
59. 1942 December 19 Apostolic letter of the archbishop of Taranto apostolic administrator of Brindisi and Ostuni for Holy Natala (print).
60. 1942 Christmas Manifesto for the honors to the new archbishop De Filippis (print).
61. 1943 Pastoral letter of the bishop of Norcia Settimio Peroni for Lent (print).
62. 1946 Seventh pastoral letter from Cardinal Salotti, bishop of Palestrina (print).
63. 1948 January 11 Copies of the posters for the great mission of the Pro Civitate Cristiana in Brindisi with a letter from Archbishop De Filippis (print).
64. 1951 11 December Invitation for the purchase of the Holy Jubilee for the cathedral parish (print).
65. 1952 December 4 Motu proprio of Pius XII “Valde solliciti” (print).
66. 1954 January 3 Invitation made by canon Teodoro Caravaglio to the personalities in Brindisi for the honors of the new archbishop Nicola Margiotta.
67. 1954 May 18 Copy of Archbishop Margiotta’s bull for the appointment of the priest Giuseppe Cavaliere as vicar treasurer as the parish of the cathedral is vacant for the promotion to archdeacon of Teodoro Cavaliere
68. s.d. Circular of Msgr. Valeri for greater rigor in the observance of divine duties.
69. s.d. Letter from Archbishop Morando for his taking possession of his diocese.
70. s.d. Various documents for the freeing of some lands in the Rosea, Posillipo and Bosco districts.
b. D / 8 part I
1. May 13, 1542 Letter from Giovanni Antonio Palmerio of Naples to the chapter and clergy of Brindisi in which he advises against the beginning of a long, boring and difficult cause.
2. March 16, 1583 Letter from Pietro Menghisi of Brindisi sent to Father Andrea Vergaro, preacher in Ostuni with which he excuses himself for some indelicacies committed.
3. 19 June 1610 Letter from Francesco Monetta sent from Rome to the canonical dignities and priests of Brindisi in which he speaks of some arbitrators committed by the archbishop and of the reprimands made against him by Cardinal Baldini.
4. February 16, 1652 Copy of the letter of Luigi bishop of Lecce sent to the dignities and canons of Brindisi who had asked him for advice on the fulminated excommunication against their capitular vicar.
5. April 16, 1779 Letter from the canon Domenico Raimondi of Lecce to the chapter of Brindisi for the renunciation of his canonicate.
6. 1793 Minute letter from the treasurer of the Brindisi chapter to the archbishop for personal administrative matters.
7. March 11, 1796 Letter from Cosimo Tagliavanti of Lecce in which he speaks of the case between the treasurer of the chapter and Baron Monticelli.
8. March 14, 1796 Letter from Nicola Badano da Cellino to Archdeacon Annibale De Leo.
9. July 14, 1797 Letter from Francesco Imbriani from Lecce to Archdeacon Annibale De Leo for the evaluation of the Nicoletta farm.
10. July 21, 1797 Letter from Salvatore Aregliani of Lecce to Archdeacon De Leo for the aforementioned cause.
1. 18 weeks 1827 Letter from Quintino Manfredi from Francavilla in which he speaks of a work entitled “Malebranchio”.
2. 1842/45 Number 24 letters from Archbishop Planeda and his brother Abbot Vito Planeda sent to Giovanni Tarantini in Brindisi in which he talks about the administration of the archdiocese and various studies.
3. 23 February 1843 Letter from Giuseppe De Fazio from Francavilla to the procurator of the Brindisi chapter for the census of the Bontempo farm of Baroness Bottari.
4. 1843/44 Letter from the archpriest of Veglie Giuseppe Colelli to the procurator of the Brindisi chapter Vincenzo La Colina for the administration of the olive groves of the Veglie chapter.
5. 1846 various dates Letters from Annibale Cavaliere and Fra Saverio di Lecce sent from Mesagne for the administration of the assets of the chapter in that country.
6. November 30, 1847 Letter from Luigi Cisarea of Ostuni to Abbot Vito Planeda in Brindisi in which he speaks of the rent of the herbage and orchard in the Agnano district.
7. December 28, 1853 Letter from canon Giuseppe Como from Naples in which he speaks of the Fontana farm, formerly of the archiepiscopal seminary of Brindisi.
8. July 11, 1858 Letter from Antonio Cacaliere of Mesagne to canon Salvatore Polmone of Brindisi for tithes on the new farm.
9. March 10, 1859 Letter from Salvatore Polmone from S. Vito to the archdeacon Guerrieri in Brindisi for the rental of the Chiusurella farm.
10. 21 July 1859 Letter from Felice d’Errico to the prosecutor of the chapter Antonio Fumisetto for the legate of Cecilia Libardo
11. June 18, 1867 Letter from Archbishop Raffaele fErrigno sent from Rome in which he speaks of the hospitality he had in the American college “Alla Minerva”.
12. 1867 Letters from the Archbishop of Salerno Domenico Guadalupi to the Archdeacon Tarantini.
13. February 19, 1870 Letter from the archbishop of Taranto to the archdeacon Tarantini in which he speaks of his grandson discarded during the military visit.
14. 5 March 1870 Idem
15. April 1, 1871 Letter from Domenico Guadalupi to his uncle Giovanni Tarantini in which he talks about the trip of the archbishop of Thessalonica to Constantinople to settle the dispute over those churches.
16. 3, 10, 28 apr. 1871 Letter of Pietro Bersani Cagiati from Rome to the Archdeacon Tarantini in which the aforementioned cause is discussed.
17. May 27, 1871 Letters from the capitulars of Brindisi to the archbishop for his return to the seat.
18. April 15, 1872 Letter from Domenico Guadalupi to the procurator of the Domenico Manco chapter in which he speaks of the appointment of Guadalupi as archbishop of Salerno.
19. December 1, 1873 Letter from the same to Giovanni Tarantini for his nephew Pio.
20. April 21, 1875 Letter from the archbishop of Taranto to the archdeacon Tarantini for his congratulations on having been elected capitular vicar in the vacant seat.
21. September 11, 1875 Letter from the archpriest of Cellino S. Marco, Vito Bolognini to the archdeacon of Tarentini in which he speaks of the new elected archbishop of Brindisi.
22. 1875 Letter from the canon of Ugento Luigi Gigli to the archdeacon Tarantini of compliments for his election as vicar general in the vacant seat.
23. 1875/85 Number 66 letters from Archbishop Aquilar sent to Giovanni Tarantini.
24. 1876/78 Number 48 letters from Francesco Benucci apostolic forwarder to Archdeacon Giovanni Tarantini.
25. February 8, 1877 Letter from Giuseppe Gravili di Salice in which he speaks of the office of treasurer curate in Salice.
26. October 10, 1877 Letter from the priest Pasquale Verrienti di Veglie in which he speaks of the obligations of the masses and of the Belmonte cause
27. 1883 Letter from the archpriest of Cellino Vito Bolognini for his resignation from the archpriesthood.
28. July 11, 1886 Letter from canon Carmelo Cavaliere for tithes and royalties on the lands of Mesagne.
29. January 1, 1888 Telegram from canon De Mauro di Oria to canon Vincenzo Cappelli in Brindisi for a favorably completed administrative affair. There are letters dated 17, 19 March, 9 and 11 April.
30. 10 and 17 dec. 1888 Letters from the lawyer Pietro Misa from Francavilla to the Brindisi chapter for administrative matters.
31. February 11, 1891 Letter from Domenico Saponaro to the chapter asking for subsidies.
32. February 18, 1891 Letter from Francesco Lubiani to the same for the same reason.
33. July 6, 1891 Letter from Archdeacon D’Errico to the chapter recommending the subsidy to a poor man.
34. December 5, 1891 Letter from Vittorio Marsuni to the chapter asking for subsidies.
35. December 19, 1892 Letter from Antonio Maria Lupi capitular vicar of Foggia to Giovanni Tarantini in which he speaks of the discontent echoed by the press for the ecclesiastical intervention in the political elections of Mesagne.
36. February 12, 1895 Letter from the vicar general Francesco Paolo Epifani to the archdeacon Antonio di Giulio for an answer to Gennaro de Castro.
37. s.d. Number eight letters without date.
38. s.d. Minute letter (perhaps from Tarantini) in which the writer talks about a director’s proposal for the election to the vacant seat of Gallipoli.
1. June 22, 1906 Letter from canon Pasquale Camassa to the archbishop in which he speaks of a critical-historical memory of his on diocesan synods.
2. September 27, 1906 Letter of the same to the same for the research done in the archives about the legacy Nicolas for the maritaggi.
3. December 5, 1906 Letter from the same in which he speaks of his attempt to order the chapter archive and of the honorary title of archivist that the archbishop conferred on him “In the certainty of finding in our young clergy good collaborators, for the completion of what it still remains to be done so that an archive so rich in inestimable value responds perfectly to its purpose ”
4. 2 July 1915 Letter from Rosina Lodedo of Ceglie Messapico to the procurator of the chapter for the release of tithes on the La Monica farm.
5. 1922 Letter from Archbishop Valeri in which he speaks of how some windows of the seminary should be closed.
6. April 1933 Letter from the parish priest of S. Pancrazio in which he speaks of administrative matters.
7. 11 Feb., 13 May. 1936 Telegrams from Cardinal Pacelli with the apostolic blessing given by the pope to the Brindisi chapter.
8. April 14, 1937 Letter from Ostuni to the lawyer Giuseppe Lucarini for administration.
9. February 11, 1938 Telegram from Cardinal Pacelli with the pontiff’s thanks and blessing to the Brindisi chapter.
10. 1938 Correspondence between Teodoro Caravaglio and the Pontifical Parisi wax factory in Rome and the S. Marco wax factory in Venice.
11. 1939/40 Correspondence of Teodoro Caravaglio with the Caldarazzo firm of Naples for the order of sacred furnishings for the chapter of Brindisi.
12. 1939/40 Correspondence between Teodoro Caravaglio and the Casa dell’Arredo company in Rome to order work on the cathedral of Brindisi.
13. 1941/42 Correspondence between Teodoro Caravaglio and the Vincenzo Serpone firm of Naples for the order of metal works for the cathedral.
14. March 26, 1942 Letter from Vicenzo Meo the priest to canon Caiulo for administrative matters.
15. November 15, 1942 Telegram from Archbishop Bernardi of Taranto to the chapter of Brindisi with which he informs of election of Francesco De Filippis as archbishop of Brindisi.
16. 4 December 1942 Telegram from the elected archbishop Francesco De Filippis for his first blessing to the archdiocese.
17. 1942/43 Correspondence between Teodoro Caravaglio and the Riccardo Politi firm of Milan for chisel work for the cathedral.
18. December 16, 1943 Letter from Edward J. Griffith to Teodoro Caravaglio for aid to poor children.
19. 19 December 1943 Letters from the allied command signed by Rojer B. Derby to Teodoro Caravaglio for aid to poor children.
20. August 16, 1945 Letter from Paolo Fischetti to the chapter in which the mayor offers the keys to the city to St. Theodore.
21. 8 December 1946 Letter from Cornelio Montemartini to the archbishop.
22. January 27, 1954 Letter from the chapter of Vigils in which it speaks of the offerings for the pectoral cross of the new archbishop.
23. January 28, 1954 Letters from Vito Frassaniti pastor of Veglie in which he speaks of the offerings for the holidays to the new archbishop.
24. 1954 Letter from the priest Armando Franco in which he speaks of the offer made by the brotherhood of the Saramento of Mesagne for the holidays to the new archbishop.
25. s.d. Letters from Archbishop Valeri to the chapter dealing with various affairs.